Description. Copyright © 2015-2020 OnlineFlowerGarden.com All Rights Reserved. Indigofera Species, Himalayan Indigo (Indigofera heterantha) by richard01 Jul 9, 2009 5:49 PM. It is native to the Northwest Himalaya of Tibet. Plant it in full sun, in well-drained soil. Description (syn. Dahlias are indeed a lovely specie of fl... Sheila Weinzetl: Great post, kudos to you for having the initiave to put your... Loralee Batcheller: I have really enjoyied reading your well written article. It is pest-free and disease-free. Click Add to Wishlist to receive an email if this plant is back in stock. Indigofera heterantha (Himalayan Indigo) → Bluebell Nursery La fiche conseils du site "Jardinage Le Monde" Indigotier (Indigofera spp. First by helping my father in the garden and later managing a large garden myself in my teen years. kirilow indigo indigofera kirilowii. Where to buy Indigofera heterantha Himalayan Indigo . It attracts bees. It can reach to heights of 2-3m, growing at a steady pace. The seed of Indigofera heterantha have long been used to treat gastrointestinal and abdominal disorders, like those which occur when you consume too many of its relatives at one meal. Dahlia Grower: Impressive display! Indigofera heterantha. I am a flower enthusiast and a gardener at heart. Indigofera heterantha (syn. To 2123 feet tall, 3 feet wide, with upright shoots and erect, 5 inches clusters of rose-pink flowers. It belongs to the same genus as plants formerly used to produce indigo dye.. Indigofera heterantha is a hardy herbaceous shrub. Copyright © 2020 Plant Delights Nursery, Inc. | I. heterantha - I. heterantha is a spreading, deciduous shrub with pinnate, grey-green leaves and, form early summer to early autumn, dense, erect racemes of purple-pink flowers. A. k. Himalayan indigo is an unusual shrub from, wonder of wonders, Himalayas. Indigofera gerardiana), commonly known as Himalayan indigo, is a species of flowering plant in the legume family Fabaceae.It is native to the northwestern Himalayas of Tibet, in Asia.. During June- September, clusters of rose-purple pea-shaped flowers bloom in long racemes, contrasting greatly against the pale green leaves. Hard prune old wood in spring. Medium-sized deciduous shrub. https://www.plantdelights.com/products/indigofera-heterantha Flowers cannot be compared to anything you normally see growing in Central European gardens. Indigofera heterantha is a hardy herbaceous shrub. The Indigofera is a hardy plant that will tolerate temperatures as low as -20c. document.write(''); » Upload a photo» Post a comment» Add an event report, © 1972 - 2020 National Gardening Association, Times are presented in US Central Standard Time, Today's site banner is by mmolyson and is called "Spring is on the Way". Propagate by seed or semi-hardwood cuttings. It is a medium sized shrub that grows at a steady pace, reaching the height of 2-3m. Privacy Policy and This is an archive page preserved for informational use. To 48 feet high and wide, with arching branches. Plant database entry for Himalayan Indigo (Indigofera heterantha) with 9 images and 15 data details. The open branches can reach 5-7' long, creating a 7' tall x 7' wide specimen. Flowers are purplish-pink, pea-like, and appear in racemes in early summer, (June to September). The plant is drought-tolerant. I took this picture in my front yard. Indigofera heterantha grows from 1.5 to 2.5m or 5 to 8ft. commonly known as: Himalayan indigo, indigo bush • Hindi: काली काथी kali kathi, काथी kathi, सकीना sakina • Kashmiri: kanhchu क॑छ़ू॒ • Nepali: साखिनो saakhino • Punjabi: ਮੱਤੂ mattu botanical names: Indigofera heterantha Brandis ... synonyms: Indigofera dosua Lindl. I planted and cared for a large number of plants, flowers, and trees both outdoors and in a greenhouse. To this day I enjoy visiting gardens and parks and learning about new and old specimens and varieties of plants. Its deciduous, compound leaves are pale green and look like miniature locust leaves. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Purplish pink flowers in upright clusters 68 inches long. JLBG Indigofera heterantha has gray-green pinnate leaves. Each woody branch is clothed in small, delicate-looking, green, mimosa-like leaves and is further adorned with many clustered racemes of hot pink flowers that continue from early June through October (NC). It is best to position the plant in a place where it will receive full sunlight. It is part of the Fabaceae family of plants. Indigofera heterantha (Himalayan indigo) will reach a height of 2.5m and a spread of 2.5m after 10-20 years. himalayan indigo indigofera heterantha. Ever since childhood I loved reading about plants and started gardening at an early age. Indigofera heterantha. It is native to the Northwest Himalaya of Tibet. Since 1988, THE source for buying native, rare, and unique perennials. I came across the ones in these photos in the garden of St. John’s Chruch, Waterloo. Your email address will not be published. Indigofera heterantha or Himalayan Indigo was also known as Indigofera gerardiana previously. 9241 Sauls Rd, Raleigh, NC 27603 | All rights reserved. Indigofera heterantha Himalayan Indigo information, pictures, GPS locations, and bloom dates. Note: This plant is not currently for sale. (aka: Indigofera gerardiana) Indigofera heterantha is a superb pea cousin from the northwest Himalayas (5,000-9,000' elevation from Afghanistan to western China) that makes a superb garden specimen. Pinnate leaves with 13-21 small leaflets. The Indigofera heterantha is an elegant flowering, deciduous shrub that originates from China. Picture taken August 5th at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, Belmont NC. Use these convenient icons to share this page on various social media platforms: Other: Being tried for laying hens in egg production with soy meal. It is part of the Fabaceae family of plants. Indigofera heterantha £ 7.49. Terms of Service apply. Click to learn all about the genus Indigofera and to shop. Rosy-purple flowers, in racemes to 12cm in length from early summer. @ Juniper Level Botanic Gdn, NC, For immediate help or to order plants call. Indigofera heterantha or Himalayan Indigo was also known as Indigofera gerardiana previously. Origin: Afghanistan, Bhutan, China, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. Picture taken August 5th at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, Belmont NC.

Excellent Medical Receptionist Resume, Hello In Pig Latin, Thermal Gun Png, 2021 Bmw X7, Onion Seeds Amazon, The Seafood Shack, Ullapool Menu, Ehx Glove Settings, Coldwell Banker Beach Rentals, Woodlink Cedar Wren House, Universal Life Insurance Vs Term, Animal Crossing Cherry Blossom Event, Shirt Measurements Chart, The Finest Basket Design Is Found In Philippines, Malignant Sentence In To Kill A Mockingbird, What Is An Example Of A Hypothesis?, Aucuba Japonica Problems, Excellent Medical Receptionist Resume, Seahawks Home Uniform, 2010 Mustang V6 Convertible, Dmc Cross Stitch Kits, Character Relationship Chart, Principal Chief Of Maqhaka, 2002 Mustang For Sale, Ramsar Convention Upsc, Best Beach Resorts In Fiji, Gazania Garden Ready Plants, Coleus Leaves Limp, M4a1s Golden Coil Ww, Maytag Maxima Dryer Error Code E01 F06, Embroidery Thread Online South Africa, Mediterranean Wall Planters,