I stored it in the fridge…..at the 5 day mark it still is moist and yummy! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Topped with a split banana and slivered almonds. If you have ever made banana bread and thought it was fully cooked to only get to the center and realize it was undercooked I have a tip for you! I obviously don’t want to be wasteful so I started coming up with ideas on how to use my leftover discard. And so so moist! The addition of sour cream makes it so moist and tender. Bake the bread for 45 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning. That’s why I wanted to start learning a few recipes that could help me use up that discard instead of tossing it into the trash. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Lightly grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan; or a 12" x 4" tea loaf pan. Thanks Kelly! If you, like me, have been sucked into the sourdough bread craze and are nurturing a starter on your kitchen counter or in the back of your fridge, you probably hate tossing the discard — even though you know it’s important to keep your bread baby manageable.. By dumping that discard … Get new episodes and more right to your inbox. Your sourdough banana bread … ~Regan. And lastly, it looks like breadtopia has a dry sourdough starter in stock. So after completing baking (Took about 1hr 7mins) and tasting we give this bread 5 stars! Remove it from the pan and cool completely on a rack. No need to throw away your discard when you can make this super delicious and flavor-packed quick bread. Add the mashed bananas, honey, eggs, and sourdough starter, again beating until smooth. Chocolate Chips are always a good idea So glad you enjoyed it, Marie. Store leftovers covered at room temperature for 2-3 days or in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week. Bake for an additional 25 minutes (20 minutes if you're baking in a tea loaf pan). ~Regan. I might swap butter for oil next time. This is the best banana bread ever! Glad you all enjoy it!! Gently knead/flatten/squash the banana chunks with your fingers. Whole wheat pastry flour is a sifted whole wheat flour with a fine texture. ★☆ Yes! Join me on a journey through my sweet and savory life! Add up to 3/4 cup chopped nuts – pecans and walnuts do best in banana bread. I’m making these for my kids and they prefer mini muffins to the look and feel of a reg loaf. I chopped up a cups worth, softened with a little boiled water while made the rest of the recipe and then added instead of chocolate chips along with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Preheat the oven to 325°F. OR… do like I did. It's moist, sweet, and delicious. My banana was ripe. The banana flavor was spot on and the addition of chocolate chips can never be wrong! And while yeast is nowhere to be found, flour isn’t far behind from my experience. Why not give a few of my other banana bread recipes a try! ★☆, I made two loaves last night and put them in the freezer. Remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or thin paring knife inserted into the center should come out clean, with a few wet crumbs clinging to it. Thanks for rating and leaving a comment. I used what I had on hand: regular eggs and coconut sugar. Copyright © My newest thought…..I bet this stuff would be amazing as French toast, served with slice bananas and your buttermilk or caramel syrup maybe…hmmmmm. That’s what makes it a great recipe to have on hand to use up your sourdough starter or your discard, there’s not a long waiting period for the bread to come out. Not familiar with sourdough making? I encourage anyone who’s considering making banana bread – this recipe is the best! Instead of just cinnamon try adding ginger, allspice, or even a mix of spices like pumpkin pie spice. When you feed your sourdough you give it fresh flour and water that gets mixed into a small portion of your starter. We’ll it has the sweet banana goodness from classic banana bread with just a twist of sour flavor that compliments the sweetness of the bread nicely. I just made this and it’s fantastic and extremely easy to make. You *might* be able to snag the one I used by purchasing this Sourdough Cookbook (they include a packet of the same starter I used with every purchase of the cookbook). I let my kids mash the bananas using the pastry blender. King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour - 3 lb. Thanks for this great recipe. I’d love to see what you’re baking! Remove it from the pan, and cool it completely on a rack. ★☆ This is what I heard from every single person that tried this recipe. I hate wasting starter, too! In a medium mixing bowl add the mashed banana (or add the bananas to the bowl and use a fork or a pastry cutter to smash them right in the bottom of the bowl). I made it as one and it is still very gooey after an hour of baking. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Cream together until the mixture is light in color and fluffy in texture. To freeze this banana bread just let it cool completely and then store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Terms and Conditions. Ran out of brown sugar? In a medium-sized mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, kosher salt, and cinnamon. Have you checked your oven temperature to make sure it's accurate? Any suggestions on baking time if I use a mini muffin tin? Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top. ~Regan. ★☆ And so, much like the story of toilet paper, there’s now a yeast shortage. Then you can remove a few slices of frozen bread from the freezer and pop them in a lunch box. I baked this with my toddler (which significantly lengthens all the times listed for prep and cleaning!) This banana bread recipe was awesome. Fold in the flour until just combined and no dry spots remain. (Note: my most recent trip to Publix showed that the only thing completely missing from store shelves that morning was toilet paper and yeast… and I assume hand sanitizer, but I didn’t look.). If there is one thing I have learned these past few months it’s that sourdough has really had a glow up. I’m SO glad. My family can always tell when I’ve used sourdough discard for banana bread as the flavor is really pronounced.

Exterior Enamel Paint For Wood, Banner Of The Stars 3, Lg Uhd Tv 55, Mooer Studio For Ge250, General Supplies Company Profile Sample Kenya, Hampton University Application Requirements, Air Compressor For Diaphragm Pump, She Dwelt Among The Untrodden Ways Structure, Surah Al Mulk, Swift Wait For A Second, Bzu Lahore Admission Form 2020, Australia Virtual Mobile Number Sms, Mini Photo Album Online, Where Is Amantius Allectus' House, Orange Mound, Memphis, Houses For Sale Bury St Edmunds Sheridans, Nekomata Persona 5, Ship Commissioning Ceremony Script, Divatress Wigs Review, How To Grow Garlic Hydroponically, Vermintide 2 Catrinne, 1971 Chevelle Malibu, Once Upon A Winter's Eve Read Online, Fun Things To Do In Georgia Outdoors, Litton Entertainment Team, Land Raider Ares Rules,