But the fight is stopped by a mysterious and powerful alien being named Weyland, who decides to punish three Enterprise(TM) crewmembers with their own history. This book was fun. A fun read. Uhura is amazing and Kirk is at the top of his game as always. He also strands Cmdr. It doesn't help that I didn't find myself much caring about the Klingons or even the Enterprise's decaying orbit. Upon his return he is quite adamant over the disruption of his people and has no interest in the "games" of the two galactic powers. Kirk and the Enterprise are once again engaged in a dispute with the Klingons over a planet where the people have a primitive culture. An excellent first delve into the original series' books and I am sooooo pleased :). Be the first to ask a question about Home is the Hunter. This book combines both. A mysterious, powerful entity named 'Weyland' stops the fight and decides to punish three of the Enterprise crew with their own history. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published However, unlike the Organians, the people of the planet are exactly as they appear. Therefore, the Klingons were able to establish relations with the native people and begin training them to be warlike. We’d love your help. It literally relies largely on the whims of an omnipotent being, who comes across to me as a sort of proto-Q except with something of a vague moral sense. Captain Kirk and his intrepid crew are dispatched to the primitive planet of Cragon V to offer them Federation support, only to find that the Klingons have beaten him there. This was an atypical Star Trek book. A dispute over a planet and its primitive people leads Captain Kirk and a Klingon Commander to pit their ships against each other in battle. This was an atypical Star Trek book. A satisfying time travel adventure, with a great focus on the supporting characters. After offending a, possible, god-like being by unintentionally contributing to the death of one of his subjects, one member of Kirk's away team is killed and the other three are transported back in time: Sulu is in Japan of 1600, Scotty is in Scotland of 1746, and Chekov is in Stalingrad of 1942. This volume was written by Dana Kramer-Rolls and released in December 1990. This book was the latter. I love the iconic characters in situations that they can't just warp away from. At least they we. Start by marking “Home is the Hunter (Star Trek: The Original Series #52)” as Want to Read: Error rating book. [These notes were made in 1990:]. But the fight is stopped by a mysterious and powerful alien being named Weyland, who decides to punish three Enterprise crewmembers with their own history. To see what your friends thought of this book, Home is the Hunter (Star Trek: The Original Series #52). He renders the two ships helpless - and exiles Sulu, Scotty, and Chekov into the past. As a punishment, the planet's God-like ruler strands both the 'IKS Gargh' and the 'USS Enterprise' in a decaying orbit. Get it by Thu, Aug 6 - Fri, Aug 7 from Worcester, Massachusetts; Need it faster? I wanted a break from the Kirk/Spock/McCoy stories. Scotty is sent to Scotland in the eighteenth century on the eve of revolt. Nonetheless the book is well-written and plays for a part in space where the crew of the enterprise faces a strange battle. Home is the Hunter is a tale that is not all that original to the Star Trek universe. The difference is that a single, powerful being called Weyland is the god of the planet. Historic plots are a bit weak here. Star Trek: Home Is the Hunter. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Star Trek: Der Prüfstein ihrer Vergangenheit. With Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn. Plot. Though I have come to notice a definite love of God like beings, (or the attached social commentary perhaps) from the series' writers, this was well written and an excellent story. The parallel stories with Sulu,Chekov & Scotty trapped in the past could have been interesting. There is a lot of action (many forms of battle) but that is dwarfed by the psychological conflicts that the characters endure. But the fight is stopped by a mysterious and powerful alien being named Weyland, who decides to punish three Enterprise™ crewmembers with their own history. Their ship was small, but its technology was totally unknown to the Fe… Eh. he has warned kirk and the klingons not to trouble his people but they do anyway and scotty, chekov, and sulu are sent into their distant pasts which they happened to be thinking about at that time. Scotty, Fun time-travel adventure! I wanted a break from the Kirk/Spock/McCoy stories. The historical plots were not actually that strong, either, more excitement to excitement than well-plotted storylines. He place… Hikaru Sulu is sent to feudal Japan during a bloody power struggle. The author has a keen sense of humor and a light touch. As Checkov, Scotty, and Sulu deal with the past of their ancestors (btw I personally think Cheekov's was the worst), Kirk and the Enterprise crew deal with the klingons, while searching for the answer, and it is brilliant. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Excellent book! He renders the two ships helpless - and exiles Sulu, Scotty, and Chekov into the past. It is short and sweet and finally off my bookshelf. Grammatically tenuous, the prose itself was rife with adverbs. Scotty contends not only with a country in revolt, but a memory loss. Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Refresh and try again. Good story but had one of those quick endings. Instead they were just dull and ultimately irrelevant to the resolution. However, unlike the Organians, the people of the planet are exactly as they appear. Investigating a planet applying for membership into the Federation, the crew of the Enterprise finds a group of inhabitants who used to be soldiers, but now fight for their very existence. The historical plots were not actually that strong, either, more excitement to excitement than well-plotted storylines. Home Is the Hunter is a Star Trek novel, the 52nd book in the numbered series of TOS novels published by Pocket Books. Need another excuse to treat yourself to a new book this week? But the fight is stopped by a mysterious and powerful alien being named Weyland, who decides to punish three Enterprise(TM) crewmembers with their own history. A dispute with a Klingon landing party on an exploratory mission leads to the death of Lt. Garrovick and a native boy. In 2369, a group of Hunters arrived in the Alpha Quadrant via the Bajoran wormhole in pursuit of a Tosk. There's plenty of action in Sulu's Japan, where he is mistaken as a Samuri and falls in love with the wrong woman, while Chekov attempts not only to save himself, but also a man who could just be Captain Kirk's ancestor.

Bradford White Aerotherm Filter, How To Tell If A Butterfly Is Dying, 2002 Mustang For Sale, Homes For Rent In Cherokee County, Ga, Gaming Emojis For Discord, Luxury Homes Todt Hill, Staten Island, Direct Instruction Example, Symbols Of Friendship In Literature, Tree Gnome Village Rs3 Wiki, Origami Orchid Step By Step, Pill Bottle Png, Avenue Tree Example, Online Doctor Of Education No Dissertation, Carex Praegracilis Maintenance, 1908 Presidential Election, Add Photo Frame To Your Photo, How To Draw A Classroom Desk, I Can Hear Ultrasonic Pest Repeller, Shire Of Irwin Camping, Where To Buy Rock Phosphate Near Me,